If you’re planning to visit Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando Florida this summer, here’s all the events and special activities you’ll want to know about. I’ll also include links to my planning articles regarding best touring strategies for dealing with the summer heat and crowds.
In Summer of 2018 Disney has called it an “Incredible Summer” in honor of the release of the Incredibles sequel. In fact, you’ll see Pixar movies and characters strongly represented in Disney’s parks this year.
Here’s the details organized by park:
- The return of the Incredibles Dance party but with one exciting change – Edna Modes will be making her park debut! Guests can interact with Mr. Incredible, Frozone and other supers from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and upcoming “Incredibles 2.” And, for the first time ever, guests will get to see Edna Mode. Tomorrowland will also be decked out with Incredibles décor and sounds from the film. This all begins May 25 thru September 1.
- Guardians of the Galaxy themed dance party with Starlord and Gamora. They had a similar one last summer at Disneyland, and while most of us don’t get real excited about (another) dance party this will feature tunes from the movies so at least the music should be pretty good. The group will take the stage five times daily, starts June 9 through August 19 2018.
- Party for the Planet begins on April 22nd but this year it will continue until May 5th.
- The grand opening of the newly themed bird show called “UP! A Great Bird Adventure”. The old Flights of Wonder gets an update and the addition of Dug and Russel from UP- it will be in the same theater as before. Debuted April 22nd with daily showings now.
- Donald’s Dino Bash: beginning May 25, a celebration where Donald Duck takes over Dinoland, U.S.A. to celebrate his recent discovery that ducks are descendants of dinosaurs. Feathered friends Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad McQuack and other friends of Donald will be on hand to meet guests with a nightly dance party.
- Starting June 21 2018, the water park will host a new Disney H20 Glow party nights. The water park will transform on select evenings June 21-Aug. 11, when a glow party takes over the park from 8pm – 11pm. Tickets go sale March 19 and are $55 per person plus tax for adults and $50 per person plus tax for children ages 3-9. For more information and to purchase tickets call (407) 939-1872.
- This park has the biggest new stuff, being Toy Story Land which opens June 30th. More details on that here.
In addition to those new things specific to Summer of 2018, here’s some other information you’ll want to check out. Summer can be crowded at Disney World, and that means you’ll need to be prepared. Check out 11 Tips For Visiting Disney World When It’s Crowded for my best advice on having a great vacation.
Also, Summer gets pretty hot. Here’s my best ways to deal with the heat: Your Disney World Summer Survival Guide.
And if you aren’t sure exactly when you want to visit Disney, then check this one out: The Best Times to Visit Disney World.